VIII International Conference on Emerging Global Trends in University Library Development (ICEGTULD 2019)
The Nazarbayev University Library, L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University Library, and the Association of University Libraries in the Republic of Kazakhstan invite you to the 8th International Conference on Emerging Global Trends in University Library Development with the theme University Library Services and Resources for Research and Innovation which will be held in the framework of the Eurasian Higher Education Leaders Forum on 6-7 June 2019 in Nur-Sultan city, Kazakhstan.
The conference will include presentations by foreign delegates and Kazakhstani librarians. A special feature of the conference will be a speed dating event which aims to personally connect with librarians and information providers on diverse issues about library and information services. The conference will also provide a live streaming link for those who can’t attend.
Participation in the conference is free of charge for librarians on limited capacity and priority will be given to the librarians coming from Central Asia. Commercial publishers are requested to pay a minimal registration fee to defray the costs of the conference.
Travel, accommodation, and meals are at the expense of conference participants or sending organizations. The language of the conference is in English/Russian/Kazakh.
Nazarbayev University (first day)
L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (second day)
Call for Papers
The library collection is the most valuable asset that any library can showcase to all its users. Library services, on the other hand, complement the patrons’ overall experience. An excellent library provides efficient services, enough study spaces, competent staff, and most importantly, an outstanding collection that suffice the needs of its community to attain quality research and innovation. The program committee seeks conference papers that address emerging global trends in academic librarianship.
Suggested proposals should be in line with the theme and should be based on the following topics:
- Collection Assessment
- Collection Development
- Print and Digital Collection Management
- Open Access and Repositories
- Library Services in Digital Environment
- Physical and Virtual Learning Spaces
- Role of Libraries in Research
- Library Innovation
- Inclusive Education
- User Experience (UX) Studies
- Research Commons
The conference will provide a venue to present, share, and discuss best practices, strategies, and trends in libraries.
|Call for Abstracts / Papers||10 January 2019|
|Start of Registration (For All)||6 February 2019|
|Submission of informative abstracts||15 March 2019|
|Notification of approved abstracts||30 March 2019|
|Submission of full paper||30 April 2019|
|Submission of revised full paper and Powerpoint presentation||10 May 2019|
|Deadline of Registration||24 May 2019|
|Conference||6-7 June 2019|
An informative abstract with less than 500 words should include the purpose of the study, methodology, findings, practical applications, and a statement of originality (the value of the paper).
- Submitted titles and abstracts should be original and written in English.
- Full papers may be written in Russian and Kazakh.
- In submitting abstracts and full papers, authors should register and create their EasyChair account and upload papers using this conference paper management system. Make sure you are submitting to the correct conference with this acronym (ICEGTULD 2019). Here is the submission link: https://easychair.org/cfp/ICEGTULD2019
- Papers should be double-spaced. Limit the number of words to less than 5,000. Use Times New Roman with font size 12.
- Include a brief biographical note containing less than 50 words.
- Use APA style 6th edition in citing and referencing.
- We would appreciate receiving presentations using MS Powerpoint.
- If other than MS Powerpoint, please let us know before 10 May 2019.
Accepted papers must be presented by the author/s during the conference. Authors will be given 20 minutes each to present and 10 minutes for Q&A. All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings.
Registration (Link to follow)
For inquiries, please contact the following:
Joseph M. Yap
Program Committee Chair
Sponsorship Committee Chair
Registration Committee Chair